Jon Appelt - Head Coach
Coach Jon Appelt is one of the most well known lacrosse coaches in the United States.
Lacrosse Coach at High School and College levels 1970-2006
- Andover High School, Andover Maryland 1970-1990
- North County High School, Ferndale Maryland 1991-2006
- Mount Saint Mary's College, Emmittsburg Maryland 1976-1977
- Catonsville Community College, Catonsville Maryland 1987-1996
- President of the Maryland Coaches Association
- Administrator, United States Naval Academy Lacrosse Summer Program 1980-2011
368-202 Coaching Record 10 Regional Md Championships
- Heroes Foundation Maryland High School Lacrosse Coach of the Year 1973
- Anne Arundel County Coaches Association Coach of the Year Award 1973,1974 and 1975
- Anne Arundel County Lacrosse Coaches Association Man of the Year 1998
- National High School Lacrosse Coaches Association Man of the Year 1998
- Maryland State Lacrosse Coaches Association Assistant Coach of the Year 2002
- Maryland State Lacrosse Coaches Association Hall of Fame 2003
- Maryland State Lacrosse Coaches Association Service Award 2004
Prior to coaching, he played college lacrosse at Towson State University. While playing for Towson, he was selected 2x to the All-Conference team. In his senior year, he was selected to play in the North South All-Star game. In Towson history, he is listed on the programs "Best of All Time Top 50 Team".
Social Studies Educator Anne Arundel County Maryland 1969 - Present - Administrator, United States Naval Academy Lacrosse Summer Program 1980-2011
Academic Athletic Advisor, North County High School 1994-Present
Assistant and Head Football Coach, Andover High School, Andover Maryland 1969-1987
Garth Appelt - Assistant Coach
Garth has been volunteering in the New Canaan Lacrosse Association (NCLA) for the past decade. He is currently in his last few months of his term as President of the NCLA. His leadership as a Coach, Board Member, and President, has helped New Canaan's youth program become one of the strongest programs in the country.
Garth played collegiate lacrosse for the University of Virginia from 1988 - 1991. During his college career, he was a 2x All American and 2x All-ACC Midfielder. His senior year, he was selected to the North-South College All-Star Game.
After graduating from UVA, Garth coached the Australian U19 National Lacrosse Team in Perth Australia in 1992.
Prior to college, Garth played for Loyola High School in Baltimore, MD from 1984-1987. In High School, he was a High School All American. Loyola won the MSA Championship in his Junior and Senior years. In his senior year, he was selected to the North-South All-Star Game.
In addition to Garth's college and HS lacrosse career, Garth was a member of the first USA U19 Team in 1988 which won the World Championship in Adelaide, Australia.
Garth has 3 children that play lacrosse.